pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

Dia De Los Muertos

I worked my first wedding last night. It gave me the bright idea to blog about my thoughts on all the weddings. I know everyone has their own style and I appreciate that. No one wants a cookie cutter event. And when you see how much fun everyone is having at these events, it makes it all worth while. But I still have an opinion I am going to voice.

I titled this post "dia de los muertos" because of this...
 I mean, its their wedding, they can do what they please with their cake. It was a vanilla and chocolate layered cake with fresh strawberries and cream as the filling. Ill be honest, not my fav.

The color scheme worked well, but I would prefer these colors in Fall, not April. The client provided their own chair covers and sashes. BIG MISTAKE. The covers didnt fit our chairs properly and the sashes were tied poorly. The chair covers were on site until maybe 40 minutes before the ceremony. So the entire extended family was helping. It ended up looking rather sloppy.
 The flowers were so nice thanks to our flower lady. She is great! I was hoping they would leave a centerpiece so I could take it home, but they didnt! :(
As for the party, it was great! Their first dance was to a Gwen Stefani song, which was a little odd. And then the did the money dance, which is also odd to me. But the music was great, it was an open bar which made for a fun night!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment